Busy Time of Year

At our house the Fall is our busiest time of year.  Work is always busy at the beginning of a school year for me, and Sean is busiest from August-November.  You throw in back to school, activities, 3 birthdays and a soon to be new baby and we are all busy!  I have a lot of my plate right now, and I am better when my plate is full and I have jobs and tasks that need to be completed.  So many people ask me how I do it all- working for athletics, a husband who owns his own business, a 3rd grader with two activities, a 3 year old who is along for the ride, and church activities.  There are days I definitely feel like I don't have it all together and I am just surviving.  Then there are the days that everyone is clicking and rolling in the same direction and we make it through the day with everybody happy!  Stress is a part of life- everyone experiences it more than they want to.  It is how you deal with the stress that determines your happiness.  I am a doer.  When I am stressed, I find a project or a job and do it.  I have cleaned out many drawers and closets because I was stressed about something!  The biggest thing for me is I get stressed just like everyone else.  I don't get stressed because I have a mental illness.  People love to label, and they love to put people in a box.  People just assume that all of my behaviors are because of my mental illness.  On the contrary, I am normal just like everyone else with my fair share of happiness, sadness, stress and frustrations.  Showing emotion isn't because of my mental illness; it is a result of everyday life that happens to all of us.


My new therapy is going well!  I can tell a difference in how my brain thinks about things, and it has only been a month.  My therapist told me today that I am coping very well with everything I have on my plate.  I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to see this woman and receive the specialized therapy she is certified in.  I can already tell it is going to be life changing.  It is worth every penny! 


Two weeks ago, my family walked in a 5K to raise money and awareness for NAMI which is the National Association for Mental Illness.  With everyone's help, we raised over $1300 for mental health services for under privileged people in Alabama!! It was such a success! I still working on the run in Auburn to raise money and awareness for mental health which will be May 19, 2018. The money raised will go to East Alabama Mental Health which is where a dear friend, Sarah, works and she has been one of my biggest encouragers.  My sweet friend, Holland, created the logo for the race, and she did a great job! My best friend, Leslie and her husband Chris, have planned races before so I have experts to help me along the way!  I am looking forward to working with many friends and family to make this race a success.


Even with the stress and busyness, life is good and I cannot complain!  I have wonderful friends and family who step in the gap to help at a moment's notice.   2017 started off rough, but the second part of the year has been really wonderful and for that I am thankful!   Thank you to those who continue to follow my journey!


Much love,
Susan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a secret....

The Truth.....

Getting Through the Hard Times